A brilliant opportunity has opened up for a Digital Content Editor to join our client, a well-known public sector organisation based in Belfast. Our client requires Digital Content Editor to join their Communications and Knowledge Management team. If you would like to join a team who are committed to providing first-class content to their stakeholders, this opportunity could be yours.
A well-known public sector organisation based in Belfast, working on a hybrid basis. The Digital Content Editor role here will allow you to showcase your skills in the delivery of high quality digital communications, creating, publishing and managing a range of information to promote the core elements of the organisation's work.
The Ideal Person
- Degree, or equivalent professional qualification, in a relevant subject such as Journalism, Communications or English, together with at least 1 years' experience in the field of digital media
- Professional qualification or equivalent/higher qualification and 3 years' experience in the field of digital media
- 5 years' experience in a role involving digital media
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
- Practical experience of using: a. Web Content Management Systems eg WordPress b. Web measurement and reporting tools eg Google analytics c. Social media management tools d. Search engine optimisation techniques eg metatags
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and PowerPoint
- Strong command of written English, a keen eye for detail, and ability to deliver clear, concise, compelling copy and make complex concepts understandable
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and progress a demanding workload and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and Interview / Test cooperatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with ability to negotiate and influence, to meet the needs of the post in full
- Collation of materials (text, images, audio/visual and downloadable files) and identification of gaps and quality issues
- Evidence of creating high-quality, engaging website and / or intranet content
- Excellent written skills, with an ability to tailor copy for the relevant media platform
- Evidence or knowledge of using analytics to improve the performance of digital communications channels
As Digital Content Editor you will:
- Create, publish, manage and maintain a range of information to promote and advance the core elements of the organisation's programme of work
- Liaise with outside suppliers to deliver content which supports the digital communications strategy
- Engage in the preparation, production and dissemination of material to steering groups involved in the development of the organisation's websites
- Analysis penetration through methods such as analytics, metrics and stats to profile and report on significant patterns of use
- Identify opportunities to develop content in alternative formats, eg infographics, video.
- Monitor and prepare intelligence on web traffic and video material usage to review and report traffic and gain insight on how to make improvements.
This is an opportunity offering an immediate start initially for 6 months with possibility of further extension.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Communications job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.