VANRATH is pleased to be working with a global payments company who are looking to hire a DevOps Manager. The company offers a remote first policy and have really been building over the last couple of years in NI. This one of the most interesting companies to come to NI over the past number of years due to the fact that the product and engineering team will be ran out of NI. This is not a company where the US get all the glamorous work and you are the poor cousins picking up the scraps but at the forefront of decision making and cutting edge decisions moving forward. In addition the company is ran with a remote first working environment giving you money to set up a home office and really enjoy a great work/life balance.
The company has a mix of technology from on prem, AWS and Azure and so they are not picky in regards to what background you come from. They really want someone to show that they can take something from desktop right through to production. They are looking for someone with experience to help enhance the DevOps culture and create a fully automated on-prem and cloud based build and deployments pipeline with Infrastructure as code capabilities. The person has to have extensive CI/CD experience and really be interested in fully automating all processes.
The person does not have to have all of the below but give an overview of the type of technology you would be working with.
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab and code branching principles.
- Outstanding experience with build and release process and associated tools - building CI and deployment pipelines and hands-on knowledge of applicable tools chain such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Azure DevOps or like build orchestration tools, Artifactory, GitHub, GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity or similar.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Scalr, Ansible, Chef/Puppet).
- Strong experience in automation and one of scripting language such as Python, Ruby or similar.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Swarm, Nomad, Packer).
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven, ANT, or Gradle.
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture and experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (such as AWS/Azure/GCP and their services EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Understanding of network configurations (such as SSL and PIP).
- Experience in implementing DevOps best practices with the ability to define operational processes.
- Very familiar with organising work using Agile principles (story backlog, Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience with agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian Jira or similar.
- Ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritising and making timely decisions.
- Familiar with monitoring tooling such as Elastic or Splunk.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows.
He salary is negotiable on the role depending on experience but would be in the range of around 60-65k. Also on top of that would be a great package with bonus, health care etc and also the opportunity of full time remote work and a budget to set up a home office.
For further information on this role or any other, please contact Matthew Evers in the strictest confidence or submit your CV
To find out more information on the role advertised, please send in your CV via the link below.
I have been recruiting for VANRATH for over 3 years and have specialized in the DevOps/Infrastructure/Security side of things. I like to get to know the candidates and the clients and help match them to their ideal role and really create a partnership from both sides. These 3 areas are rapidly growing through the IT industry where I have great knowledge and experience and so whether you are at the start of your career looking to get into an exciting company or at experienced hire looking to progress your career I can help you find that next step.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"Highly recommend VANRATH for your search in a new job. Matthew was fantastic from start to finish. You can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. He is very knowledgeable about each role and in particular he was great at providing regular updates with various arising situations. Thank you again!. "
"I am a nightmare for external recruiters. There are 3 of about 60 that have ever met my standard. VANRATH exceeded my expectations through the person of Matthew Evers. As a US manager hiring in Belfast for the first time, I needed some hand holding. At the same time I needed a recruiter who did not waste my time selling me candidates. I needed a recruiter who took the time to understand what I was looking for, what my team valued and then be diligent in finding those sorts of candidates. Over 60% of the resumes submitted to me went to screen (it's usually %5). Of the screens more than 80% went to the project portion of the interview. (usually its about 50%).Matthew asked many thoughtful and pointed questions up front and clearly built a profile to be executed upon. Beyond that he was happy to help me understand the Irish market and norms. I personally recommend this team with no reservations. ".