- Job Reference: RADM080224
- Job Title: Development Manager (Property Developer)
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 DOE + package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
VANRATH are recruiting a Development Manager to work for a prestigious property developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£50,000 - £60,000 DOE + package
Our client is a prestigious property developer based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Their portfolio comprises a wide range of property covering various sectors including entertainment, tourism, cultural, residential, heritage, business, leisure & education. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
The Development Manager will work with the Chief Executive to deliver development projects and development activities.
The Development Manager will be involved in all matters relating to the development process from inception to completion, analysis of rental and sale offers, development appraisal and development financial modelling, drafting of business cases as well as management of third-party service providers and business development activities.
- Working with the Chief Executive to identify, plan and implement development and infrastructure projects and land sales across the Company's portfolio
- Prepare detailed development appraisals, financial models and sensitivity analysis for new projects and opportunities and carry out the requisite background enquiries and research to validate the assumptions made
- Prepare business cases for internal and external purposes
- Create and maintain good relationships with prospective third-party developers, tenants, purchasers, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders, through provision of both a proactive and responsive service, and attend meetings as required
- Present the business and the opportunities therein to prospective tenants, purchasers and funders
- Manage third-party service providers for development projects from preparation of terms of reference through appointment, project management and payment
- Undertake the due diligence required for new lettings/sales on development projects and assisting, where necessary, on existing investment properties
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the Company's retained commercial agents on development projects
- Prepare consents and reports for the Company's Banks and Board as required and deal with any queries raised
- Manage the day-to-day legal processes associated with development activity
- Any other duties that would reasonably be expected by the Chief Executive
The Ideal Person:
- 3rd level qualification in property development or a relevant discipline
- RICS qualified or equivalent or working towards such qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years property development and letting experience
- Detailed knowledge of development appraisals, financial modelling of development projects and analysis of development proposals
- Experience of successfully managing a team, working as part of a team and across teams
- Ability to work under pressure to strict and exacting deadlines and react quickly, professionally and effectively to ad hoc situations
- Tenacious with the ability to get all tasks completed efficiently
- Strong interpersonal, planning, IT and communication skills
- Experience in securing and delivering commercial property finance
- Full valid driving licence with access to a car with suitable insurance for business purposes
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion