- Job Reference: RADT240322
- Job Title: Design Technician (Interior Fit Out)
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + bonus / package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Design Technician role? Interested in working for a leading interior fit-out contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Design Technician to work on various commercial fit out projects in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£35,000 to £45,000 + bonus / package
Our client is a leading interior fit-out contractor based in Greater Belfast, Northern Ireland. They specialise in high quality commercial interior fit-out projects covering retail, hospitality, business, sport and healthcare.
The company are going through a period of growth and due to an increase in workload and are looking for a Design Technician to join them on a permanent basis, based in their offices in Belfast.
- Produce in depth, detailed drawings, designs and documents to meet briefs given by clients
- Liaise with clients, designers, suppliers and contractors regarding all design aspects of the project
- Assist with co-ordination of services on projects
- Prepare design surveys using specialised software in accordance with approved design procedures and systems
- Work autonomously using your fit out/construction knowledge to problem solve and make decisions on a daily basis
- Ensuring drawings are produced in a timely manner and alterations also detail with promptly
- Providing tech support to Staff and Foremen in computer related issues, generally but not limited to CAD queries
- Providing guidance to the contracts team in the design function
- Liaising with the client, client representatives, contracts manager, site manager and quantity surveyor continually on all issues re projects in relation to, Health and Safety, Design issues, Program, Information Requirements, Sub-contractor performance, Variations, Snagging, any issues effecting project delivery
- Providing a pro-active input in trying to solve the design issues encountered as the design / project progresses rather than simply referring it back to the relevant member of the Client design team for them to solve. Trying to ensure a workable solution is presented at the time the problem is raised as this aids in making quick decisions and minimising impact on the programme
- Maximising contribution from jobs in the context of developing long term income streams for the company, and long term subcontract relationships as a result of the design input.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Experience working on commercial fit out projects for a reputable Main Contractor
- Experience in 2D and 3D CAD design
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Good IT skills, with experience of using MS Office applications, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion