- Job Reference: RADM070323
- Job Title: Design Manager (Commercial Fit Out)
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + bonus / package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Design Manager role? Interested in working for a leading commercial fit-out contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Design Manager to work on high quality commercial fit out projects for a leading contractor based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£50,000 to £60,000 + bonus / package
Our client is a leading commercial fit-out contractor based in Greater Belfast, Northern Ireland. They specialise in high quality commercial fit-out projects covering retail, hospitality, business, sport and healthcare.
The company are going through a period of growth and due to an increase in workload and are looking for a Design Manager to join them on a permanent basis, based in their offices in Belfast.
The Design Manager will ultimately be responsible for completing the design on new projects, playing a key role in the delivery of projects through to completion, working with the client team in managing expectations and ensuring satisfaction on cutting edge installations in a number of prestigious projects across the UK and Ireland.
- Develop and implement Design Management Plans on allocated projects
- Work closely with the commercial team in analysing the project specifications and employers requirements to ensure smooth delivery
- Analyse and program the design resource requirements of the project
- Work alongside the Contracts team in integrating the design output with the construction program
- Organise and chair weekly / biweekly Design Team meetings with the client team ensuring the RFI process is managed, key decisions are agreed and recorded and information is shared with the wider team
- Work closely with the Contracts / Commercial team to effectively manage and record all change requests through the duration of the project
- Lead a team of designers / architects to deliver the project requirements through pre-construction and construction phases
- Ensure the site team and subcontractor teams are supplied with the relevant information to complete the project requirements
- Ensure all in-house, outsourced and subcontractor design elements are aligned and coordinated with current building information
- Assist the estimating department in analysing tender information, generating RFIs and attending interviews / presentations for securing new projects
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Track record working for a Main Contractor
- Experience working on commercial fit out projects is ideal
- Design and Build experience is advantageous
- Good IT skills with experience of using MS Office applications, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Experience chairing and leading multidisciplinary design meetings
- Experience in delivering BREEAM
- Experience on BIM Projects / Software
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion