VANRATH are assisting the most respected and reliable wastewater treatment brands in the industry based in Newry and across Northern Ireland for a Design Engineer.
Our client provides great opportunities for growth and development in a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, personal development, job satisfaction and career progression.
What they Offer
- £22,000 to £25,000
- 25 days holidays plus public holidays
- Hybrid/Flexible working model
- Full training and development provided
- HNC Level or above in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, plus previous related working experience of equipment/product design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in standard situations.
- Computer Skills: Competency in Word, Excel, and other MS Office programs; AutoCAD and 3D Inventor modeling software application
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of standard situations.
- Travel: Some travel may be required.
- Reviewing all applicable job data, including POs, project plans and specifications to determine characteristics of order and establishing engineering objectives;
- Generating design, general arrangement and other submittal drawings within estimated hours and timescales;
- Provide design calculations and documentation support for project work.
- Preparing and updating layouts, detailed drawings, calculations, specifications, and documenting instructions necessary for project success
- Work closely with all functions of the business to ensure that the most economic, safe and suitable design is achieved.
- Implement improvements to the current range of standard equipment and services and develop ideas for future.
- Produce CAD drawings for equipment, civil work layouts and mechanical design details to specific requirements.
- Review of detail drawings and bills of materials during and prior to being issued for manufacture.
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Chris Haddock directly