- Job Reference: RADC230523
- Job Title: Design Coordinator
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000+ Negotiable DOE + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Design Coordinator role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Design Coordinator to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£50,000 to £60,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Due to continuous success in winning more projects the business has grown significantly over recent times. They now have an excellent opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis, based in their offices in Newry.
- Liaise with the design team while working closely with estimators, quantity surveyors, site managers and other key members of the project team along with external clients to produce sound solutions
- Review Proposed Designs and Drawings to ensure technical and specification compliance prior to approval, identifying problems with the design development and feedback to the wider team
- Coordinate required site surveys / data gathering once design scope is realised
- Oversee design process against pre-construction programme and overall project delivery budget
- Attend and chair multi-disciplinary design and project progress meetings; facilitate in resolving design issues and conflicts, ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, acting as an ambassador for the Company at all times
- Effective and efficient management of labour resources, allocation and co-ordination of resources for projects
- Ensure adherence to the policies and procedures e.g. environmental, health and safety, quality such as planning and implementing safe systems of work
The Ideal Person:
- HNC or above (or equivalent qualification)
- Main Contracting background
- Experience in residential, commercial and civil engineering projects (piling, drainage, RC works, groundworks) is ideal
- Able to use initiative taking responsibility for projects from start to finish
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Good IT skills, with experience of using MS Office applications, AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Experience chairing and leading multidisciplinary design meetings
- Able to work in Newry full time
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion