DP Accountant (Immediate Start)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a leading Public Sector organisation, who are keen add a Deputy Principal Accountant in a Finance Business Partnering capacity to their growing finance team. This is a new position and will commence on a 6-12 month contract basis with a view to being made permanent in late 2022. This role requires a relatively quick turnaround for a suitably experienced qualified accountant and should lead to involvement in significant project roles as the business looks to implement new financial systems and improve cross-communication/reporting across finance and all other areas of the organisation.
The Role Main Duties / Purpose of Job / Function of Role
Finance Business Partnering (FBP):
* Provide accurate and timely financial information to Branch Heads. This will involve extracting and/or analysing cumulative income and expenditure by project on a monthly basis and forwarding reports to Branch Heads in accordance with approved monthly schedule.
* Prepare and/or review income accruals / deferred income release in accordance with revenue recognition policies.
* Prepare / review monthly journals.
* Schedule and conduct monthly meetings with Branch Heads / Head of Division to review actual and forecast project income and expenditure against budget.
* Collate findings and report financial position with variance explanations post meeting to line management. Provide Branch Heads with updated position.
* Act as first point of contact for allocated branches and develop a strong working relationship with branch staff at all levels.
* Provision of expert advice and guidance to Branches on budgeting and the in-year monitoring of budgets.
* Assist in the development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes;
* The provision of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to others, both internally and externally,
* Assisting with the strategic and financial planning processes;
* Establishment and maintenance of appropriate systems of internal control and governance frameworks;
* Provision of advice and guidance to promote the safeguarding of public funds and ensure that such funds are discharged with probity, regularity and best value for money.
* Maintaining an up to date understanding of current public expenditure planning, monitoring, control and accountability systems.
Corporate Governance including Risk Management
* Prepare reports to senior management as required.
* Promote high standards of accountability, integrity and probity and provide professional advice to support decision making.
* Support the development of policy and procedures to ensure compliance with assurance, the maintenance of sound systems of internal control and accountability legislative frameworks including audit and risk.
* Promote effective working relationships with all external and internal customers.
* Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and good practice in relation to holding and managing information and data including GDPR; Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information
* Lead, manage and motivate staff to ensure continuous improvement of the services they provide
Please note that the above does not constitute an exhaustive list of duties and the successful candidate will be required to take on additional functions as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of at least one of the recognised accountancy bodies.
- Ideally needs someone with at least a total of 2 years post qualification practical experience, ideally within the public sector, however QBE will be considered.
DP Salary NICS Scale
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Interim Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.