VANRATH are recruiting for a Staff Officer with experience of advising on and ensuring compliance with data protection policy and procedures.
This is a full-time, temporary position benefiting from flexible working arrangements and a city centre office. The successful candidate will also receive training, supervision and learning opportunities to contribute to their own professional development.
What's in it for you?
- £32,000+ starting salary
- Hybrid working arrangements
- City centre office
- Annual leave entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Perks membership exclusive to VANRATH
- Ongoing professional support from our senior consultants
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Third Level Qualification qualification in a related subject area (e.g. Business Management).
You will be able to evidence 2+ years' experience leading on matters relating to one of the following functional areas:
- Information Governance or Policy
- Equality or Access to Information (Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations, Subject Access Requests)
- Research Development with a focus on data sharing and impact
- Digital management
You will also demonstrate 2+ years' experience in the following areas:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining management information systems.
- Drafting reports for Senior Managers.
- Analysing and interpreting large volumes of information.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in partnership with a range of stakeholders.
What you'll do
The successful candidate will support the development and delivery of a range of functions within the Organisation's Corporate Services Department to ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements and to assist strategic planning.
You will work as part of a wider team to provide comprehensive and strategic support within the Department. Taking a lead role in the following functional areas:
- Information Governance
- Access to Information
- Policy Development, Research, Consultations and External Affairs
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Pubic Sector role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''I found Vanrath very professional from the off, they took the time to understand my background and experience only putting me forward for Jobs, that were suitable both with respect to my experience and abilities as well as my intended career direction.''
''VANRATH were extremely supportive throughout the recruitment process and answered any queries I had, whilst keeping me informed of progress the entire time. This provided me with more confidence going into the interviews and helped me to secure my new role. Highly recommend!''