My client, a provider of on-demand legal talent through an online platform, is seeking a Data engineer to join their expanding team in Belfast. The platform connects clients with a network of highly qualified and experienced lawyers who can work on a project or long-term basis.
They offer services in a wide range of practice areas, including corporate, litigation, employment, and intellectual property law. The company is known for its alternative approach to traditional law firm models, offering clients greater flexibility, cost-efficiency, and access to specialized legal expertise.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modelling, ETL and Reporting) and their integrations.
You should have understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions and familiarity with integrating with SaaS reporting platforms.
You should be familiar with the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions.
The individual is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions.
As a data engineer, you will work closely with the other engineers on the team and across the company to establish best practices and the general development of the data engineering program.
A successful candidate will have a passion for clarity, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, be able to work in:
- Interacting with clients to gather requirements and deliver comprehensive data solutions.
- Creating data and metadata models to support reporting and modeling.
- Implementing best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Optimizing application and query performance using the best available tools.
- Identifying and solving problems at their root, taking a holistic approach to understand the broader context.
- Keeping up to date with advancements in big data technologies and conducting pilot projects to design the data architecture.
- Evaluating and selecting the most suitable course of action in a high-ambiguity environment, utilizing both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
* 3+ years of SQL development experience
* 3+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing
* 1+ years of experience with AWS technologies such as Redshift, RDS, EMR, etc.
* Solid experience with at least one business intelligence reporting tool (e.g., Tableau, Quicksight, Qlikview)
* Basic database administration tasks
* Strong relationship-building and stakeholder-management skills
* High technical acumen and the ability to communicate effectively with various technical stakeholders
* A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, drive for results, and problem-solving skills
* 3+ years of experience with Python scripting (or other platform-agnostic language)
* Experience with data processing and transfer outside of ETL tools or databases (using custom scripts to pull and load from APIs or files)
* Experience writing software requirements
* Experience working with AWS big data processing technologies
* Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code review, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and Gitlab.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Data Scientist roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Rachel Boyle in the strictest confidence.