My client is a year old start-up within Belfast, providing Data Science, Analysis and AI products and solutions for the US insurance market, through innovative research and development.
My client are building out an InsurTech platform to enable the best digital customer experience within the North American insurance marketplace.
My client are seeking an experienced Data Architect to join the team and help build a revolutionary platform. You will have the opportunity to enter a green field environment and put your mark on creating solutions that are:
- Dedicated to improving the digital customer experience
- Use of faster/more intelligent technologies
- Add to the culture of innovation and creativity
You will be responsible for formulating a data strategy and management framework, creating solutions which are in line with business requirements, as well as ensuring data security and compliance with regulations. You will work in close collaboration with data engineers, delivering sound systems using state-of-the-art technologies. Your role and responsibilities include:
- Design and build database and information systems using best practice and data standards.
- Migrate legacy data to new solutions.
- Optimise and enhance current and new information systems.
- Define and manage data pipelines for raw and complex datasets, including the flow and dissemination of information across the business.
- Design, develop, maintain and evolve our data strategy and roadmap in line with business processes.
- Build a framework of policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, quality, governance, collection, retention, backups, security and access across the business.
- Conduct continuous audit of databases, governance and compliance procedures to ensure quality and performance.
- Build and maintain a repository of appropriate artefacts including data dictionaries, data models, database/warehouse schemas, roadmaps, flowcharts and any other appropriate documentation.
- Contribute to platform architecture, technology and tooling.
- Provide technical oversight to solution delivery.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, teams and third party vendors to identify future needs and requirements.
- Contribute to a continuous learning environment by educating colleagues through support and training
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in a STEM related subject.
- 5 years' of hands on experience as a data architect, data engineer or a related role.
- Strong experience and knowledge of database design, structures, implementation, maintenance and administration.
- Knowledge of systems development and data life cycle.
- Experience in agile development and work flows.
- Experience of using AWS and its services.
- Experience with Big Data technologies and concepts including the design and implementation of a data warehouse and data marts, columnar and NoSql databases, data lakes and data pipelines, structured and unstructured data.
- Proficient in data compliance, governance, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a pragmatic problem solving attitude.
- Experience with data pipelines and Big Data and ETL technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of data analysis, data mining, machine learning and visualisation.
- MSc in a STEM related subject.
- AWS certifications.
- Data Architecture certifications.
- Experience implementing a Master Data Management program.
- Market leading salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Contributary pension
- 25 days holidays, as well as bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Access to training materials such as Udemy
- Trips to our parent company in Florida
To apply for this, or any other role in Data Engineering, Data Science or Data Warehousing, please get in touch with Ryan Quinn directly on LinkedIN.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
" I submitted a CV to Vanrath and was contacted by Ryan Quinn shortly after. We met for an initial discussion and the next day he had secured an interview for me that week. He gave me lots of useful information in preparing for the two interviews I had with the one company, before getting the job. Would highly recommend. "
" Ryan Quinn was extremely helpful in my job search. He found multiple appropriate roles which met my requirements and organised meetings/interviews which made the entire process as easy and pain-free as is possible".
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.