Do you have previous Import and Export Customs experience and looking are for a challenging new role. This opportunity can provide the right candidate the next step in their career.
£25,000-£30,000 (happy to consider more experienced individuals)
About your next employer
VANRATH are delighted to be working with a globally recognised transportation company who now require a Customs Agent to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity to join an established organisation who can provide an exciting new opportunity with the potential for continued growth.
- Completion of customs declarations using CDS and NCTS, adhering to all clearance processes making sure they completed on time and are fully compliant
- Accurate data entry onto bespoke Customs systems
- Process amendments and apply for duty refunds when required.
- Deal with customer enquiries in person, by telephone and in writing and provide accurate advice
- Invoicing customers
- Keeping informed on any law or legislation changes.
- 1+ years previous customs and declaration experience (essential)
- High levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with import customs within the Freight Forwarding industry
- High level of IT skills (CDS experience ideal)
What you'll do
- Handle import and export shipments and support custom clearance procedures
- Ensure all tasks are completed under new Brexit guidelines
- Promote good working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Other adhoc duties when required