- Job Reference: JSCRE100823
- Job Title: Cost Reduction Engineer
- Pay Rate: £40,000 to £45,000
- Term: Permanent
- Location: Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Cost Reduction Engineer
Are you an experienced Engineer with an interest in cost analysis and process improvement?
VANRATH are recruiting a Cost Reduction Engineer to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assembly, components and manufacture process.
£40,000 to £45,000+ (DOE)
38 Hour Week over 4.5 days
Flexi Hours Available
Plus Additional Package
Vanrath are partnering with one of Northern Ireland's most recognisable manufacturers.
A world renowned business for over 75 years, they are at the forefront of their industry with incredible contributions in technology and innovation over the years. With ambitious future growth plans, fuelled by a desire to change the world we live in, they seek like minded engineers to work on projects designed to have a positive impact in the fight against climate change.
The successful candidate will lead cost analysis, to drive cost reduction on specific, innovative manufacturing projects- the first of their kind. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement effective cost reduction strategy.
- Organise and execute cost reduction idea generation with cross functional teams to identify potential cost savings.
- Review current designs and manufacturing techniques to ensure that components supplied are optimised for cost and quality.
- Develop should cost models to accurately review the cost of manufacture and
- assembly of components.
- Carry out bench-marking to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Evaluate new design proposals with the view to removing cost and ensuring design
- for manufacture and assembly.
- Evaluate supplier manufacturing methods and identify potential improvements to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Work with commodity buyers to develop and validate new supply options.
- Manage updates and tracking of the cost reduction idea database.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience of manufacturing process
- Competent in computer aided design
- Minimum of 3 years Post-Graduate experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250