- Job Reference: JSCM300822
- Job Title: Cost Manager
- Salary: £55k to £60k
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Are you a qualified Quantity Surveyor with experience in Cost Management? Interested in a role within one of the UK's best renowned specialist consultancies?
VANRATH are recruiting a Cost Manager to join our client's Infrastructure division in a senior role.
Remote/Hybrid working arrangements can be discussed.
c£55,000 to £60,000 dependant upon experience.
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Rail, Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Renewables, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
Following years of continued success and growth, they present an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to assist the Cost Management Team in leading a multi-million pound infrastructure contract; reporting to the client to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained on projects to which the job holder is assigned.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Inputting into value engineering.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
The Ideal Person
- Third level qualification in related discipline
- 3+ Years relevant industry experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Status as a minimum
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.