Corporate Health & Safety Advisor (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Corporate Health & Safety Advisor for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site.
- To develop and review the required Health and Safety Policies and associated processes in accordance with the Policy development/review process, in particularly consultation, screening and approval processes and to retain accurate records of each stage.
- To promote organisational awareness of Health & Safety Policies and Procedure and to monitor local implementation.
- To undertake a range of workplace Health & Safety Inspections and to produce and issue associated reports and corrective action plans, using agreed methodologies to ensure organisational compliance with statutory requirements and to positively promote best practice and follow-up to ensure continual improvement in respect of Health & Safety performance throughout the organisation.
- To co-operate with internal and external auditors to support the completion of independent audits on various aspects of the Health & Safety Department's work activities to ensure the timely provision of accurate information.
- To develop, deliver and review the relevant internal health & safety awareness training, in accordance with agreed learning objectives, course evaluations, changes in legislation, guidance and policy & external accreditation requirements.
- To promote attendance at internally delivered health & safety training, including mandatory courses to ensure that Staff are appropriately trained to support future knowledge, skills and behaviours, to facilitate the effective implementation of Policies and Procedures, in line with statutory requirements.
- Possess a degree or equivalent level qualification or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Can demonstrate 3 years' relevant experience in a Health & Safety Advisor/Officer role
- Hold membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at Graduate level (GradIOSH) or above
- Can demonstrate significant relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Developing a range of organisational health & safety policies and procedures in line with consultation and screening processes
- Reporting and investigating incidents, including RIDDOR reportable and liaising with statutory bodies such as HSENI
- Undertaking workplace inspections, writing reports and developing & monitoring completion of associated action plans
- Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in
c£30,000 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.