- Job Reference: RAPCP300123
- Job Title: Construction Planner
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + package
- Location: Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Construction Planner role? Interested in working for a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects?
VANRATH are recruiting a Construction Planner to work on a range of new Building and Civil Engineering projects for a leading Main Contractor based in Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland.
£40,000 - £45,000 + package
Our client is a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction and civil engineering projects across the UK and Ireland. Innovation, quality, integrity and professionalism are the cornerstones of the business which is renowned for its personal, hands on style.
Due to continued success and growth, the business has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Planner to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to play a crucial role in the planning, control, coordination and performance reporting of major civil engineering projects.
Overview of Role:
- Manage the planning, production, updating and monitoring of programmes using MS Project to produce fully resourced programmes within the timescale required
- Obtaining information from the Civil engineering team to input into programmes
- Creating cost, risk analysis and the production of post work documentation
- Liaise with Project Managers and attend meetings with project teams and clients to monitor job deliverables against plans. Updating programmes and baseline checking
- Review progress with the wider team and collate information and production of progress reporting as required
- Highlight any risks to the schedule as early as identified and put mitigation plan in place if necessary
- Drive continuous improvement by regularly reviewing processes and implementing change where necessary
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Main Contracting experience in a Planner role
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and practical application of planning
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience in delivering projects in accordance with the Project Management processes
- Primavera P6 experience would be advantageous
- Able to use initiative taking ownership of projects from inception through to completion
- Deadline driven and motivated to hit key targets
- Excellent organisational, communication and analytical skills
- Be clear-thinking, positive, and have a calm approach to challenges that may arise
- Excellent IT skills to include all MS packages
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion