VANRATH are actively recruiting for a Commercial Accountant on behalf of an innovative market leading business, head office based in Portadown. Reporting directly to the Finance Director this is newly created role that has come about due to significant organic growth of the business. Offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package , this is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded accountant to join an NI business that is going from strength to strength
- Assisting the Financial Director in producing annual budgets, monthly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required. Reporting against budget and preparing analysis of all variances.
- Developing tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the Senior Management Team.
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for all entities within the Group.
- Daily postings from cash books to maintain general ledger.
- General ledger journals including accruals and prepayments
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures. Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Preparation of annual accounts for the group for audit purposes. Preparation of monthly nominal postings, in conjunction with reconciling the sales and purchase ledgers.
- VAT Returns
- Recently Qualified Accountant keen who is looking to be a step up to Financial Controller in the next 18 months.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Good working knowledge of computerised Accounts Packages
- Highly experienced in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the local market place
For further information on this vacancy, or other Senior Accountancy opportunities in Northern Ireland, please contact Peter Nixon in strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link below.