VANRATH is recruiting a temporary Communications Officer for a large Public Sector organisation. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 6 months with possible further extension.
To provide a high level of organisational communications and marketing support to ensure that the Organisation is able to reach the highest possible standards in all aspects of corporate communication.
The post will require the holder, as a member of the Marketing and Communications team:
- To contribute to the development of the media strategy, using specialist communications knowledge acquired through professional development and experience, by developing and maintaining up to date communications and media plans to ensure a constant flow of quality messages on key issues.
- Support the day-to-day management of social media platforms and provide advice and guidance to the wider staff team around social media management.
- To lead in the communications planning of events.
- To advise senior staff in the drafting of press releases and statements, using specialist knowledge of health improvement and protection subject matter while adhering to agreed good practice and policy.
- To undertake lead responsibility for providing all staff with a daily briefing on issues of current importance in the press and broadcasting media.
- At least two years' experience working in a marketing or communications role.
- Experience of media handling and good knowledge of news environment and current affairs.
- Experience of creating and delivering PR plans.
- Strong social media skills, comfortable with creating content for multiple channels.
- Experience of developing and delivering internal communications - bulletins, events, newsletters, online forums, etc.
- Experience of digital communications, including web development.
- Experience of using social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. Evidence of excellent, written communication skills.
- An excellent opportunity to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation in Northern Ireland.
- Salary starting from £32,306 with full pay from Day 1.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…