VANRATH is recruiting a temporary Communications Officer for a large Public Sector organisation. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 12 months with possible further extension.
The Communications Officer will work with colleagues in the Corporate Communications Team to deliver an internal and external communications programme via digital and traditional media and events.
The post holder will write and edit content for use across all of the Organisations channels to communicate key information and messages as well as supporting services in creating and publishing their own content, where appropriate.
- Develop and implement communications plans for programmes and projects
- Write, edit, proof-read and co-ordinate high quality content for internal and external audiences
- Develop and create online content for a range of digital channels including website and intranet
- Write press releases, statements, briefing papers
- Respond to media requests and brief journalists
- Provide communication and marketing advice to managers and staff
- Provide event management support and promotion for key annual events
- Engage with and develop respectful and sensitive relationships with audiences online by implementing audience-focused digital communications activity across a range of channels
- Participate in the out of hours on-call rota as required
- Monitor and report on out-of-hours digital media activity if required
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
A university degree or recognised professional qualification in Communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
at least 1 years' experience working in a dedicated* communications role which included internal, external and professional digital communications experience
At least 3 years' experience in a dedicated* corporate communications role which included internal, external and professional digital communications experience
- An excellent opportunity to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation in Northern Ireland.
- Salary starting from £27,055 - £32,934 with full pay from Day 1.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.