- Job Reference: JSCB210923
- Job Title: Commodity Buyer
- Pay Rate: £44,000 to £48,000
- Term: Permanent
- Location: Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Are you an experienced Buyer with experience in Strategic Purchasing?
VANRATH are recruiting a Commodity Buyer to join their client's purchasing team, selecting suppliers to supply materials at optimal acquisition cost.
£44,000 to £48,000+ (DOE)
38 Hour Week over 4.5 days
Plus Additional Package
Vanrath are partnering with one of Northern Ireland's most recognisable manufacturers.
A world renowned business for over 75 years, they are at the forefront of their industry with incredible contributions in technology and innovation over the years. With ambitious future growth plans, fuelled by a desire to change the world we live in, they seek like minded engineers to work on projects designed to have a positive impact in the fight against climate change.
* Responsible for maintaining the material cost on the Bill of Materials for all products within the commodities you are responsible for and ensuring costs are less than the current sales quotation per contract.
* Responsible for issuing requests for quotation (RFQ's) for any new parts added to the Bill of Materials within the allotted components.
* Populate Sage System with the price, lead-time and supplier details as necessary.
* To manage the engineering process, to purchase new parts and ensure the suppliers are supplying to the correct revisions of drawings.
* Liaise with supplier on delivery key performance indicators - such as shortages, quality & invoice queries.
* To actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Relating to supplier reduction and cost reductions.
* To initiate supplier agreements and see them through to implementation
* To actively contribute to New Product Introduction projects.
* Source new suppliers for items within the allocated commodities.
* Discuss with suppliers to achieve optimum batch sizes and hence reduce costs.
* To analyze the cost of manufacture of parts considering the cost of raw materials, labour costs, machining costs to ensure the company is getting value for money from the subcontracting supply base.
* To compare drawings of new parts with existing parts to ensure cost increases or decreases are justified.
* Recover money owed from suppliers for non-performance and warranty claims.
- Third level qualification in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Purchasing
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250