- Job Reference: RACM301123
- Job Title: Commercial Manager (Property Services)
- Rate: £Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits package
- Location: Magherafelt, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Commercial Manager role? Interested in working for a leading Property Services Contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Commercial Manager to work for a well respected Property Services Contractor, based in Magherafelt, Northern Ireland.
£Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits package
- Employee Perks & Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Industry leading health & wellbeing programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Long service awards
- Great opportunities for learning & development
Our client is a well-respected Property Services Contractor that have been operating for approximately 50 years. They specialise in property alterations and modifications, damage restoration and maintenance projects. They work with Social and Private Housing clients, Property Management Companies, Care Homes, Schools, Councils and Commercial Buildings.
Overview of Role:
As a Commercial Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the successful management of Public Sector Contracts, ensuring the realisation of commercial and contractual targets. Reporting to the Head of Contracts, your primary responsibility is to oversee the commercial delivery and contractual aspects of these contracts, driving excellence in project execution and financial performance. This role requires a skilled and detail-oriented professional with a deep understanding of commercial management and the ability to foster strong relationships with clients and supply chain.
- Efficiently manage and oversee contracts both operationally and commercially and foster strong client and supply chain relationships by promoting collaboration.
- Cultivate strong client and supply chain relationships through collaborative efforts, promoting repeat business and exemplary service
- Lead and manage the Quantity Surveying department, ensuring they meet targets and timelines. Facilitate effective team communication through regular huddles
- Establish budgets and work specifications pre-start and closely monitor them throughout the project to ensure the achievement of project targets
- Provide contractual and cost advice to operational staff
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff, ensuring adequate training and support
- Monitor trends and report operational issues, including productivity
- Review contract compliance and liaise with teams to address non-compliances
- Conduct audits of job completions and submissions, ensuring all contract requirements are met and accurate invoicing is in place
- Audit monthly accounts to identify shortcomings and areas for improvement, reporting these for corrective action
- Manage procurement, negotiation, and cost management of subcontractor packages
- Contractual management of NEC contracts. Resolve day-to-day issues and contract disputes as they arise, engaging in negotiations with clients to reach resolutions
- Operate in accordance with strict client KPIs, particularly focusing on Time, Cost, and Quality
- Manage and prepare and present internal reports for Work in Progress and Cost Value Reconciliation
The Ideal Person:
- Possess 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with the NEC suite of contracts
- Exhibit both commercial and operational awareness in delivering projects
- Showcase a strong grasp of subcontractor management
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced construction industry
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong organisational and time management abilities to effectively handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Strong IT skills, with a command of MS Office
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
- Demonstrated expertise in Measured Term Contracts
- Familiarity with Public sector social housing contracts
- Experience with CAFM IT Software.
As a successful Commercial Manager, you should possess the following key skills:
- Strong communication and client relationship management
- Independence and teamwork
- Performance under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, results-driven mindset, and attention to detail
- Effective planning, organization, and problem-solving
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion