VANRATH are exclusively partnered with an exciting industry specialist who are seeking a Commercial Finance lead to join their team.
Our client is notably successful in their sector and continues to expand. It offers a unique opportunity for a project finance orientated accountant to be a part of an impressive & experienced finance team. The company is well known for their friendly culture, being fast-growing, agile and innovative with a drive for continuous improvement.
What's on offer?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary range around £60,000-65,000 dependent on experience
- Enhanced 36 days paid leave per year
- Bonus up to 10%
- Contributory Pension matched of up to 9.5%
- Life Assurance & Critical Illness schemes
- Private Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working and Flexible working hours
What you'll do in the role:
Due to expansion and long-term strategic opportunity, this is a new role to develop an in-house financial modelling, assess potential funding opportunities, develop project funding strategies, and identify and implement optimal financial structuring for projects.
Working across projects of various scales, and at different stages of development, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop appropriate commercial frameworks to facilitate the development of large-scale energy infrastructure projects that protect the long-term interests of NI energy consumers throughout the lifetime of the asset, including its development, construction and ongoing operation.
- Manage external consultancy support for development projects across commercial work areas.
- Develop the in-house financial modelling capability of the business.
- Determine funding requirement for projects and identify and secure funding opportunities.
- Manage draw down of development funding for projects.
Experience & Qualifications required for the role:
The ideal candidate will be qualified and experienced in the following areas:
- Third level qualification in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable evidence of the ability to assimilate complex financial information, reports, critical analysis and develop and present robust recommendations to senior management within and/or outside the organisation.
- Evidence of managing and delivering complex projects or programmes of work, across multiple stakeholders, on time and to budget
- Relevant experience within a regulated and/or energy sector or a leading consultancy firm with a focus on the energy sector is not essential but would be desirable.
- Good understanding of managing financial risk for large-scale projects, ideally in the utility sector.
- The ability to apply sound commercial judgement to identify, assess and manage financial risk.
- Able to scope and manage external consultancy work and delivery of assessments and reports. Alternatively, experience of working as a consultant.
- Have experience of, or have been involved in, deal structuring, ideally in projects involving both the private and public sectors.
- Had involvement in financial due diligence processes, with knowledge of typical lending criteria of financial institutions.
- Understanding of energy markets
What to do next:
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.
Why use VANRATH:
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.