Commercial Accountant (12 Months)
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Commercial Accountant for a target employer based in Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity for a technically strong accountant to gain valuable experience within a market-leading organisation in a thriving sector for circa 12 months and on a generous rate.
There is a strong possibility this placement could lead to a permanent appointment or extension beyond the initial time frames and preference will be given to candidates with immediate availability or a reduced notice period due to the need for a quick turnaround.
- Based within the Commercial Accounting team, this role plays a key part in the organisation's global finance function. The team based in Belfast are responsible for the accurate and timely production of management accounts, statutory accounts and regulatory reports for EMEA/APAC units. Duties are as follows:
- The Accountant's role is based in Belfast and will complete financial reporting for the EMEA and APAC entities
- Provide management with information and insight to drive business performance
- Maintaining a satisfactory control environment that is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant
- Manage the monthly accounting close process (ensuring all financial transactions are recorded correctly, including calculating and posting accruals and prepayments);
- Produce management and board reports to business heads and statutory entity boards, including commentary on variances to budget and to prior periods;
- Prepare and submit financial reports to the regulators
- Assist with local engagement with the EMEA & APAC external audit teams, ensuring that all accounts are audited, approved and submitted to Companies House in line with statutory reporting requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (3+ years PQE) with strong financial acumen and the ability to produce monthly P&L accounts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volumes of Data
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Strongly motivated individual with an excellent ability to work off their own initiative and on a cross-functional basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.