- Job Reference: JSCO080323
- Job Title: CNC Programmer
- Salary: £15 to £18 per hour (plus Overtime)
- Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Are you a CNC Programmer with experience in Powermill? Interested in a fantastic earning opportunity in a rapidly growing Aerospace and Toolmaking specialist?
VANRATH are recruiting a CNC Programmer with good experience working with Powermill to join an expanding workshop team to assist in the production of tooling and machinery for a list of Aerospace clients.
£15 to £18 per hour (40 Hour Week)
Flexi Working Hours:
CNC Programmers are contracted to 40hrs per week (Mon to Fri)
Dependant upon workload/project deadlines, this can be made up over the 5 days however people like, as long as there is a presence in the workshop on each day. For example, longer days on Mon/Tue can mean shorter days on Thu/Fri.
Every hour over 40hrs is automatically overtime.
Due to the size of the company's order book, overtime availability is unlimited at the moment. The average machinist, toolmaker, engineer currently puts in 5 weekday OT hours and 5 weekend OT hours, 30 weeks of the year, paid as below:
Our client is an independent design company who provide technical design and consultancy to major airframe manufacturers, their suppliers and other automotive companies.
Following the pandemic, they have gone from strength to strength and have recently invested millions in new machinery, brought in specialist new staff and doubled the size of the workshop floorplan to accommodate an increasing order book.
Their portfolio of customers includes the biggest names in aerospace, including Airbus, Bombardier and Boeing. Due to increased demand, opportunities have arisen for them to increase their manufacturing team.
- To program and operate a variety of CNC machinery
- Work to technical drawings to produce desired components
- Work to tight tolerances and self-inspect completed jobs
- Prove out programs at the machines ensuring the highest quality at all times
- Prepare the appropriate machine for production in accordance with the works order
- Be able to write programs from scratch as well as edit
- Must have experience using Powermill
The Ideal Person:
- 3+ years' experience in CNC Programming
- Specific experience working with Powermill
- Experience in the Aerospace/Automotive industry would be a distinct advantage
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250