- Job Reference: JSCP120922
- Job Title: CMM Programmer
- Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 DOE + benefits
- Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Are you an experienced CMM Programmer and Operator? Passionate about Qaulity Control? Interested in working in a productive workshop environment for an established aerospace and precision engineering operation?
VANRATH are recruiting a CMM Programmer/Operator to become an integral part of our client's inspection team and become a driving force for Quality Control within the company.
c£32,000 - £37,000 DOE + benefits
Our client is an independent design company who provide technical design and consultancy to major airframe manufacturers, their suppliers and other automotive companies.
Their portfolio of customers includes the biggest names in aerospace, including Airbus, Bombardier and Boeing.
Due to increased demand and a growing order book, opportunities have arisen for them to increase their manufacturing team. At this time, they are looking for an experienced CMM Programmer to come in and operate 2x Leica Laser Trackers, 2x Leica Portable Romer Arms and a brand new Leica CMM Machine, driving standards of production and quality within the workshop.
· Primarily Programming/operating a CMM Machine with willingness to learn the Portable CMM Arm.
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings and CAD models.
· Carry out sample, in process and final inspections of a diverse range of components, using CMM and manual inspection techniques.
· Assist the Quality Manager with all calibration requirements
· Carry out visual inspection against customer standards
· Generate report documentation as required
· Complete inspection records and manage in house inspection requirements
· Assist with the training and upskilling of colleagues
· Assist the Quality Manager with all other work duties as required.
The Ideal Person
· Experience programming CMM machines in a busy fast paced work environment
· Good knowledge of PC-DMIS.
· Experience in the use of manual measuring equipment, including but not limited to, Internal/External Micrometres, Verniers and Height Gauges.
· Ability to read technical drawings, and a good understanding GD&T is essential.
· Comfortable working to deadlines and tolerances.
· Good interpersonal skills which promote a positive team and work environment.
· Clear and concise communications skills.
· Experience of in-house calibration and quality record maintenance.
· Experience of operating a portable CMM Arm (Leica arm using Spatial Analyzer preferred).
· Forklift and/or overhead crane licenses or be willing to undergo training should it be required.
· Experience Training or Upskilling colleagues.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250