- Job Reference: RACSM120922
- Job Title: Civils Site Manager (Civils Water Infrastructure)
- Salary: €55,000 - €65,000 + package
- Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Civils Site Manager
Are you looking for a Civils Site Manager role? Interested in working for a well-respected Civil Engineering and Building company that deliver quality focused projects?
VANRATH are recruiting a Civils Site Manager to work on major water infrastructure projects in Cork, Republic of Ireland.
€55,000 - €65,000 + package
Our client is a well-respected Civil Engineering and Building company delivering quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland.
Due to continued success and growth, their Civil Engineering team have an excellent new opportunity for a Civils Site Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Civils Contract Manager, you will play a pivotal management role working on a major water infrastructure framework in Cork. Your key focus areas will involve the management of framework programmes and the supply chain along with client liaison. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally with the support of the Civils Contract Manager.
- Ensure adherence to the health and safety and environmental policies and ensure safe systems of work are planned and implemented on assigned projects
- Ensure adherence to the Company's quality procedures including production of the project quality plan and completion of the necessary project documentation
- Attend sub-contractor and client meetings as required, ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, acting as an ambassador for the Company at all times
- Ensure detailed project programmes are drawn up and adhered to on all assigned projects and to regularly report progress against these
- When applicable, to provide technical support at tender stage
- To take responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects
- Where applicable, take the lead in design management and review on design and build projects
- Manage the construction team on assigned projects, including their recruitment, performance management, training and development
- Manage the allocation of trades and labour, employed and sub-contracted - ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of resources on assigned projects
- Support and ensure that objectives are planning and implemented onsite, attending audit meetings
- Adhere to the Integrated Management System (IMS)
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally Degree qualified or other relative qualifications
- Track record working on Water Infrastructure projects
- Main Contracting background
- Ability to demonstrate the lead role in a construction programme and delivery
- Experience of managing all HSEQ aspects involved in the construction of large schemes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project (or similar) and CAD
- Understanding and commercial application of the NEC3 | NEC 4 or Public Works suite of contracts
- Appropriate recognised industry training certificates and a full driving licence
- Must be able to use initiative taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets
- Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion