- Job Reference: RACF300124
- Job Title: Civils Foreman
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland / Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Are you looking for a Civils Foreman role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Civils Foreman to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£40,000 to £50,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Business is very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. Due to this continued success, they have a great opportunity for a Civils Foreman to join them on a permanent basis.
Most of their work is in Dublin, Republic of Ireland so the Civils Foreman will need to be happy to get down to Dublin every morning.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Civils Foreman will be involved in a wide variety of Civils projects from highway repairs, including ironworks and curbs to new build commercial and residential sites.
The Foreman provides leadership and is responsible for supervising all direct & subcontracted labour onsite to ensure productivity, safety and quality control of all activities.
The Forman will report to the site manager and follow all guidelines & schedules as appropriate.
- Co-ordinating and managing all direct labour, subcontractors and trades
- Ensuring all subcontractors, trades and labour have adequate resources to complete works according to a tight schedule
- Promote a safe work culture
- Communication and ensuring compliance with the Company QHSE policies and procedures
- Facilitate mandatory safety toolbox talk meetings
- Participation in safety/incident investigations
- Ensuring that plant and equipment checks are carried out on site
- Communication of the job to and with the crews involved
- Assigning crew tasks and resolving issues between crew members
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioural expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity
- Periodically reassessing daily goals to meet forecasted production
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, ensuring that the crew works to job specifications and follows the plans
- Inspecting and measuring completed work
- Maintaining site foreman's log & site reports
- Reporting on work progress
- Establish and promote best quality practice
The Ideal Person:
- Site-based experience including working in a fast paced and pressured environment adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Ability to interpret drawings
- Extensive site experience of civils & Utilities including Power, Water & Sewage
- Valid Safe pass, manual handling
- Will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Full driving licence
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion