Civil Engineer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Civil Engineer for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site.
- To work independently to carry out structural inspections of properties including non-traditional construction and to prepare reports, provide advice and guidance on existing condition and requirements for remedial work.
- To work independently to carry out inspection and assessment of estate infrastructure including foundations, retaining walls, roads, sewers and sewage treatment plant, to prepare reports, provide advice and guidance on existing condition and requirements for remedial work.
- To work independently to prepare designs for estate infrastructure including retaining walls, roads, sewers and sewage treatment plant and knowledge of all statutory requirements to obtain necessary approvals.
- To provide briefs to external consultants/contractors on repairs/improvements to properties including low/medium rise blocks/high rise blocks/commercial buildings/hostels and to external areas/roads and drainage within housing estates and other locations.
- To prepare designs for foundations including ground beams.
- To prepare designs for steel and RC beams.
- To prepare drawings in AutoCad format.
- To advise on realistic timetables for the completion of construction projects without compromising quality.
- Posess a Bachelor's degree (Level 6) in Civil Engineering, or equivalent level 6 qualification plus 2 years' relevant experience in a Building/Construction/Engineering discipline.
- BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or equivalent plus 3 years' relevant experience in a Building/Construction/Engineering discipline
- Can demonstrate equivalent continuing professional development or experiential learning and 5 years relevant experience
- Competent in the use of Autocad or other Drafting packages
- Experience in the application of Building Regulations and/or construction related British or European Standards
- Experience in technical investigations of buildings and construction infrastructure and producing reports with recommendations
- Competent in the use of structural design packages
c£27,745 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.