Capital Build and Asset Co-ordinator (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Capital Build and Asset Co-ordinator (Public Sector) role? Interested in working for a Public Sector organisation?
VANRATH are assisting a major Public Sector organisation with the recruitment of a Capital Build and Asset Co-ordinator in Lisburn. The role will initially run for around 6 months, with this highly likely to be extended, this proves to be a great opportunity.
Full-Time post working - 9.00am - 5.00pm - 36.25 hours per week (including 1 hour lunch)
£17.41 per hour + Fantastic Public Sector Benefits
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and implementation of Clients' capital build strategy and oversee capital build projects, ensuring that they are effectively planned and managed, and improve Clients' estate.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in ensuring the successful project management of multimillion capital build projects on time and within budget, ensuring contractual responsibilities and obligations are met and results are evaluated against budget and programme targets.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop capital and revenue programmes, and budgets; exercising a tight control over expenditure, providing effective and timely contingency if required.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with the Central Procurement Directorate (Health Projects), external design teams, main and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with the Facilities Team in the design and delivery of capital projects to ensure completed infrastructure can be efficiently integrated and operated.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the preparation, management and delivery of any required capital improvement plans relating to the existing Clients' estate.
- To assist the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and management of a procurement framework to ensure access to or provision of suitable and relevant professional expertise in a cost effective and timely fashion.
The Ideal Person
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
- Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as, Construction; Building Surveying; Energy and Building Services Engineering; Planning & Property Development; Estates Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' post Graduate experience working in a capital projects management role.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing new build construction projects.
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of construction procurement and contract management.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of architectural design software.
- Can demonstrate:
(a) excellent planning, communication and organisational ability;
(b) ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines;
(c) strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
(d) a strong customer orientation.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- Possess a project management qualification e.g. Prince2.
- Have experience of working within local government or the public sector.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.