- Job Reference: RACT030323
- Job Title: CAD Technician (Commercial Fit Out)
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + package
- Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a CAD Technician role? Interested in working for a leading commercial fit out contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a CAD Technician to work on various commercial fit out projects in Antrim, Northern Ireland.
£30,000 - £35,000 + package
Our client is a leading commercial fit-out contractor based in Antrim, Northern Ireland. They provide a comprehensive fit-out service to range of clients across multiple sectors including Leisure and Hospitality, Retail, Heritage, Aviation, Healthcare, Offices and other Commercial buildings.
The Company are growing and as a result are looking to add a CAD Technician to join the team on a permanent basis, based out of their offices in Antrim. The ideal person will have experience working within the commercial fit-out sector and have good joinery experience.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings
- Use a variety of CAD software programmes
- Liaise with architects and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing and construction technicians
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols
- Present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture / construction and installation
- Produce installation and manufacturing documentation
- Maintain accurate records
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Experience working on commercial fit out projects
- Experience in 2D and 3D CAD design
- The ability to understand, solve and present solutions to engineering and CAD related challenges
- Joinery experience
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst juggling several different tasks
- Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings
- IT skills and experience using computer-aided design software such as Auto CAD and Solid works
- Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings and check other colleagues' work for accuracy and quality
- Communication skills and relationship building to work with clients and other engineers and architects to understand and interpret their designs
- Be able to work in a team as you'll be liaising with other CAD technicians and draughtspersons on projects
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion