C++ Software Architect - (Long standing and secure US software house- high scale distributed software - global projects with a well respected team of technologists)
VANRATH are excited to be recruiting for a high profile US software house that have had a footprint in Belfast for over 15 years.
They specialise in the development of high scale distributed software solutions for the mobile telecoms industry and have one of the strongest teams in Belfast that everyone will know.
This is a technical architect role based in Belfast but our client is fine with someone working remotely anywhere across the UK.
The individual will contribute to the company's technology direction and product strategy and will be responsible for evolving concepts into products that deliver to market demand. The software architect will work with other architects, product management, engineering and meeting with customers and representing our client in global platforms.
- Defining the product architecture and translate customer requirements into product strategy.
- Accountable for overall solution architecture, translating requirements as user stories, functional specifications & design reviews and performance analysis.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams - engineering, product management, pre-sales/sales, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Learning and bringing new technologies, creating technical white papers, providing technical assessments of 3rd party products or components.
The ideal person:
- Ideally over 2 years + in product architecture
- Extensive experience of Object Orientated Programming in C++, algorithms and problem-solving skills in complex distributed system
Nice to haves
- Worked on UNIX system programming, IO subsystems, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience in designing performant, highly scalable virtualized and cloud native applications, ideally on an openstack environment
- Excellent team player, ability to work in a global team and follow deadlines
- Demonstrated strong levels of initiatives in innovation, creating IPs and self-motivation.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- BE / BTech / MCS or higher degree in Computer science
- Experience in modern databases - in memory, no-SQL, non-relational/relational; DB internals
- Knowledge of CAP theorem
- Working experience in LDAP (RFCs) and Active Directory for Telecom products
- Knowledge in Automation Framework (PyTest) and Scrum Agile process
salary up to £100k base salary + 25% bonus dependent on skills and experience .
Group Pension Plan with Employer contributions* Full sick pay for up to 26 weeks*Private Health insurance:-Market leading 75% salary in the event of prolonged or serious illness *Death in service benefit -3xSalary *Annual Bonus Plan*Cycle to Work *Subsidised Social Event*Subsidised Car parking
Our client will tailor an attractive benefits package to attract top talent. Get in touch with Phil Gamble early to find out more.
A bit about me
I have been recruiting in the Belfast IT market for the past 16 years. Prior to recruitment I worked for Microsoft and have a BSc from Queens University, Belfast in Management and information systems.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible companies and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
Phil has been a pleasure to deal with in our numerous conversations and interactions over the past few years. He is highly pro-active in providing job information for very suitable roles, making the process of applications and setting up interviews an absolute breeze - which is a breathe of fresh air compared to the usual cold calling and cold messaging of others. Phil and Vanrath are by far the best recruitment agency in NI, no questions asked, and I highly recommend them to anyone I know looking for work, especially in the IT/Software sector
I have been a client of Phil's several times during my career. He has always been able to match appropriate roles to my experience and skillset. He has a calm and responsive approach, moves at the clients pace and offers good counsel and advice. He is a valuable asset to VANRATH and also the NI technical community.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…