Buyer / Planner
Leading Food Manufacturer
VANRATH are delighted to be representing one of NI's most successful food manufacturing businesses, who now have an opening for a Buyer / Materials Planner to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Food manufacturing or FMCG exp
- Past usage of an MRP / ERP
- Enthusiastic about a long-term supply chain career.
Duties to include:
- Purchase goods/materials in accordance with the commercial agreements
- Ensure continuous supply of goods/materials & escalate problems which may impact on production requirement
- Research and evaluate the opportunities to reduce cost where possible, in conjunction with the business purchasing strategy
- Stock management and target a reduction in inventory levels by monitoring usage/ promotional activity on a weekly basis in collaboration with the Group Stores & Stock Controller
- Control stock levels with key suppliers using stock & forecast methods
- Ensure stock management review - highlighting slow moving and obsolete stock
- In conjunction with the Stores & Stock Controller, review and oversee on site and off-site stock takes - stock level / stock takes / stock valuations/ reconciliations
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Supply Chain/Logistics jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Michael Irwin in the strictest confidence.