- Job Reference: RAB010922
- Job Title: Buyer (Building & Civil Engineering Contractor)
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Buyer role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Buyer to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£35,000 to £45,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
They have recently expanded into new markets, particularly in the infrastructure and technology sectors and have gained a reputation as a leading and reputable contractor that deliver quality assured solutions. This is a great opportunity to join an outstanding company and take your career to the next level.
The Ideal Person:
- HNC or above (or equivalent qualification) with 3 years procurement experience within the Construction industry
- CIPS qualified or working towards (or similar) is advantageous
- Demonstrable evidence of technical knowledge surrounding procurement activities in a Construction environment
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Team player
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Decisive and analytical
- Committed to delivering value for money and demonstrating improvements against external benchmarks, achieving and exceeding targets
- Previous experiment of using procurement management systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion