VANRATH are delighted to be assisting one of Northern Ireland's most recognisable manufacturers with the recruitment of a Senior Buyer. Fantastic company to work in, one of the best company cultures in NI and opportunities for progression.
Shifts are held over Monday to Friday (1 Hour Lunch). No weekend working. Permanent position.
This role will be based at the company's Ballymena office.
£30,000 - £40,000 + other Fantastic Additional Benefits (Top Company) & Progression Opportunities
- Responsible for operational procurement for business support - Capex Spend, IT Services, Maintenance Services, PPE, Fleet management etc.
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotation (RFQ's) for any new indirect spend requirements.
- Initiate supplier agreements and see them through to implementation.
- Monitor, record and drive improved performance from suppliers.
- Rationalise the supplier based where appropriate.
- To actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Relating to supplier reduction and cost reductions.
- Work alongside Design, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to understand Purchasing requirements for the business.
- 33Source new suppliers to create competition with existing suppliers.
The Ideal Person
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry is preferred
- Extensive experience of negotiation and writing supplier agreements
- Strong communication with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
For further information on this opportunity, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves via Vanrath in the strictest confidence.
''Vanrath have been fantastic in helping me gain employment in my chosen field. They have been extremely helpful throughout, easy to talk to, and regularly went above and beyond to ensure I was happy at my current place of employment. I hope to continue to work with them in future.''
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''I found VANRATH to be friendly, professional, and genuinely interested in understanding exactly what the candidate is looking for. The entire process was smooth and efficient, I was kept informed throughout.''
''VANRATH were an incredible help in finding me my new position. Within a day or two of uploading my CV to the platform, VANRATH were already on the phone looking to get to know me and my interests and motivations better. This consideration was then carried through to their job searches and reflected in the opportunities they then offered to me. I felt that they understood what it was I wanted from my career and cared enough to guide me with respect to that, even if it meant not necessarily jumping at the first opportunity that arose.''