VANRATH have partnered with leading provider of high-quality Commercial Security and Life Safety Systems. The client is looking for a motivated, ambitious, and experienced Business Development Executive to cover N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Sales experienced individual to join a longstanding company that offers many routes for progression.
This role would be mainly field based, with an office based in Belfast.
Working hours: 8:30am - 5pm. Monday - Friday.
£47k OTE with car or car allowance provided. Excellent benefits including performance bonuses and development opportunities.
- Actively promote company products and services during planned visits to potential new customers, and existing customers seeking to expand or upgrade their systems.
- Actively promote company products and services during planned visits to third parties including electrical consultant engineers, contractors, influencers within the public sector, multi-site users, large organisations and all other potential parties who may be involved in specifying or purchasing electronic fire & security systems or services
- To coordinate and/or independently carry out sales surveys, in accordance with the required codes of practice or industry norms expected by NSI
- To ensure sales and design paperwork are completed accurately, in line with the contract requirements and NSI regulations
- To create a professional sales proposal in line with company branding and NSI requirements, and deliver this to the customer or third party in the most effective manner
- To follow up in a timely manner all sales proposals with the overarching aim of generating revenue for the company at an acceptable profit margin.
- To seek feedback on any unsuccessful bids and present this information to the team for continual improvement.
- To complete and submit all sales paperwork and sales activity reports in line with company procedures
- To update the company CRM with sales activity, leads, opportunities and contacts
- To be a pro-active member of the Sales team, seeking out leads and opportunities through networking and research
- Assisting with the setup and delivery of sales demonstrations or presentations as required
- To provide customer support by assisting with the design and costing for additional works, helping to ensure customer satisfaction while maximising potential new business opportunities
- To provide Sales support for the engineering team, assisting as necessary with customer communications to facilitate the commissioning and handover of projects
- To provide Sales support to the accounts team, assisting as necessary with customer communications to resolve disputed invoices or charges
- Attend Sales Meetings to provide progress reports and updates on sales activity
- Attend networking events, exhibitions and trade shows, representing the company in a professional manner, promoting the principals of integrity, good business practice, and excellence in customer care at all times
- Supply Senior Management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitor activity, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep up to date with best practices, new technology, and industry trends and regulations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within the industry is ideal but not essential.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in B2B technical product sales (Construction or M&E sector preferred)
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop business opportunities and launch new initiatives.
- Valid Driver's licence.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales Roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.