Business Analyst- Public Sector
VANRATH are recruiting a Business Analyst for a large Education focused organisation. This assignment is supporting on a major project that involves, establishing requirements across the organisation for core system implementation projects. Reporting into the Senior Manager, this is a full time post 36 hours per week, this role will be suited to an aspiring Business Analyst looking for an ideal opportunity to enter Northern Ireland's Public Sector.
- Responsible for producing and reviewing complex technical data and documentation such as system specifications, technical reports, data flow diagrams
- Responsible for sourcing, defining and managing requirements: engaging with users and stakeholders to gather requirements and assign priorities
- Work with users and stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the current service and how the future service will look
- Act as a 'translator' between technical and non-technical staff in relation to presentation of and documentation of requirements and processes.
- Analysis of current services and processes to identify and implement opportunities for optimisation using tools such as gap analysis
- Definition of new business models across multiple business functions
- Responsible for business process testing to create test cases which are traceable back to requirements
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, maintaining appropriate communication networks and presenting a professional image at all times.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade that may be assigned from time to time by senior officers.
- Undertake occasional travel to Trust, DoH and Supplier sites within NI
The Ideal Person:
- Degree/HND in ICT or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience in an IT environment OR 5 years relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Ability to gain user requirements and suggest solutions at a level of detail that the recipient can understand. This ranges from an individual level to giving presentations to large groups of multidisciplinary stakeholders where intricate and/or technical information has to be explained to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to produce and review complex technical documentation e.g. system specifications, technical reports, data flow diagrams, new business models.
- Ability to source, define and manage requirements e.g. engagement with users and stakeholders to gather business requirements and determine prioritisation
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner;
- Definition of test conditions and analysis and reporting of test activities and results
- Identification of opportunities to optimise services and processes
- Knowledge of the structure and key business of Health & Social Care
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
The hourly rate for this role is £21.25ph (plus holiday pay and pension from day one)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract IT/PM job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.