- Job Reference: JSBPE230124
- Job Title: Building Project Engineer
- Salary: £40k to £45k negotiable
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Building Project Engineer
Are you a qualified Building Surveyor, Architectural Technologist or Construction Engineer? Interested in a career opportunity with a global, Fortune 500 company?
VANRATH are recruiting a Building Project Engineer to join a dynamic team delivering full service Facilities Management services to one of Belfast most recognised Manufacturing sites.
£40k to £45k dependant upon experience
Our client is the UK/Ireland branch of a huge US-based, Fortune 500 Facilities Management organisation. They provide contracted services for some of the UK and Ireland's largest and most complex sites, spanning industries including; Aviation, Healthcare, Retail & Leisure and more.
With an organisation of hundreds of thousands of staff across the US, Europe and the UK, our client provide specialist support in areas of Facilities Management, Security, Logistical Support and Waste Processing.
Having recently been awarded a prestigious, ongoing contract to provide full-service support to one of Belfast's largest and most recognisable Manufacturing facilities, they now seek skilled individuals to fulfil key areas of the agreement.
- Preparation of design drawings, specifications, and schedule of works, ensuring designs are in accordance with all statutory regulations, codes of practice and CDM regulations where applicable.
- The ability to collect survey data and translate directly to AutoCAD drawings.
- Co-ordinate detail designs ensuring compatibility with other design disciplines i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural.
- Preparation of tender documents and obtaining competitive tenders for the various elements of the work.
- Prepare detailed work programmes, coupled with ensuring the work is completed on time, to the specified standard and within budget.
- Supervise project and planned preventative maintenance works, attend site meetings, and take site minutes.
- To carryout building condition surveys on various buildings and infrastructure and compile reports.
- Identify necessary repairs/upgrades from building condition reports.
- Assist in creation of 5-year capital plans.
- Maintenance of site risk registers.
- Arrange and approve testing and commissioning in accordance with legislation and where necessary.
The Ideal Person:
- Minimum 3 years experience in one of the following areas:
- Third level qualification in construction/engineering related discipline
- Surveying Experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250