Building Maintenance Officer
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Building Maintenance Officer for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension.
- The efficient organization, operation and control of all matters pertaining to maintenance within Client's estate.
- Communicate at all levels within the Client's structure and externally with all relevant Agencies.
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and present work to Client's Technicians and to contractors employed by Client.
- Work within an allocated budget, monitor and control expenditure.
- Issue, estimate costs, check and certify works orders to contractors and suppliers and certify payments.
- Provide advice to other sections within the division and other departments.
- Provide financial and technical advice to Client's property users on matters pertaining to their LMS funded projects.
- Inspect and report on the property issues regarding maintenance or capital works as requested.
- Personally be responsible for the maintenance of building services the Client's estate.
- Respond on a day-to-day basis to requests from property users for urgent repairs and issue work to Client's Technicians or appointed contractors.
- Responsible for preparing and carrying out detailed condition surveys of all Client's properties to record and identify maintenance requirements and to prioritise work for a planned maintenance programme .
- Responsible for compliance programmes, costing, preparation of documents, supervision of work and finalising accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of projects for minor capital improvements at controlled properties including feasibility studies, estimates and providing all necessary documentation.
- Ensuring that all work executed by contractors and Client's Technicians is conducted in a safe manner, commensurate with Health and Safety legislation and other relevant regulations pertaining to the work.
- Prepare specifications and estimates for both capital and maintenance projects.
- Maintain cost effective store holdings for essential spare parts and stock-take annually.
- Personally carry out minor repairs and adjustments.
Have a HNC / HND or equivalent in building studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum 2 years' post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years' post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline
Have an ONC or equivalent in Building Studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 4 years' post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years' post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline
Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Building Maintenance or an Estates Management role in the education sector.
- Experience in Building Surveying duties, including undertaking building surveys and preparing specifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of the current and anticipated challenges related to the role.
- Proven ability to achieve challenging targets and objectives through the engagement of teams.
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
- Access to a form of transport to meet the requirements of the post.
£31,346 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…