- Job Reference: RABW120224
- Job Title: Bid Writer (Construction)
- Salary: £Competitive DOE + package
- Location: Magherafelt, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Bid Writer role? Interested in working for a leading Main Contractor that work on a wide range of projects across multiple sectors?
VANRATH are recruiting a Bid Writer to work for a leading Main Contractor based in Magherafelt, Northern Ireland.
£Competitive DOE + package
Our client is a leading, innovative Main Contractor that have been operating for over 35 years. They provide solutions across both Private and Public sectors with a project portfolio across various sectors including housing, education, healthcare and more.
The business operates across the UK with their headquarters based in Northern Ireland and regional offices in England and Scotland. They deliver award winning solutions to complex construction and engineering challenges and win a lot of repeat business due to their success.
They have a great opportunity for a Bid Writer to join the business on a permanent basis, reporting to the Pre Construction Director. This is a key role within the business to help facilitate further growth.
- Attending Client team tender presentations and site visits (MS Teams and in person where required)
- Developing and agreeing winning bid strategies with Senior Management
- Agreeing Tender and PQQ programmes and working to agreed deadlines
- Coordinating and managing Bid Launch meetings
- Creating bid submission deliverables schedules and responsibility matrix
- Developing and coordinating Quality / Technical answer plans (For issue to and coordination with selected Bid Writers and Subject Matter Experts)
- Mock evaluation of initial DRAFT Quality / Technical responses, providing structured feedback and direction against client elevation criteria for incorporation into follow on DRAFTs
- Repeat of above process until responses are in an optimum position, including critiquing and final proofing
- Writing and preparing bid Quality / Technical submission responses (Mock evaluation by others in this instance)
- Liaising with internal departments and external supply chain, design teams and relevant subject matter experts to prepare optimum submissions
- Preparing Tender presentations and bid information to support Tender interviews
- Preparation and development of project and company Case Studies and Bid Library to enhance future Tender and PQQ submissions
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally Degree Qualified in a Construction related or Marketing course
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Be able to read and interpret instructions carefully
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong commercial acumen
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion