Are you an experienced IT Service Manager, with proven experience delivering services to scale? Do you have previous experience in a management level position, looking to further your skillsets within a new sector? VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for a seasoned professional to join one of NI's largest Public Sector bodies for a 6 Week Assignment, with potential for extension beyond this.
This role is in line with the HSCNI Bandings, at Band 8b - c£54,000 + Holiday & Pension
They are a large Healthcare focused organisation, the team functions by proving support for a Shared Service centre offering a wide range support on transformation projects and data analytics. You will be joining at a time some extremely important change and projects are kicking off in the team.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate will;
- Previous experience working at middle to senior management level dealing with the procurement, development, testing, implementation, and transition of complex and critical ICT services
- Be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of service level management, customer service management including performance against specific KPIs
- Be able to work to demanding timescales in the implementation, delivery and support of complex service and customer management regimes with a diverse stakeholder group
- Experience of playing a significant role in the management of service change within an organisation
Operations Service Managers oversee the planning and delivery of information and technology services to Health and Social Care. They are responsible for leading, managing and operational maintenance and support of ICT Operational systems. They will ensure that the commissioned projects under their responsibility are planned, managed and delivered effectively and within the resources available. They will provide leadership to the staff in their team and ensure that high standards of productivity, technical excellence and best practice in service management are maintained.
As the Operations Service Manager, you will:
- Manage the range of services within their remit in line with standards defined by BSO
- Provide support and work collaboratively with commissioners to develop HSC ICT strategy.
- Ensure that relevant HSC ICT strategy objectives are delivered and implemented.
- Implement the ICT Programme and Project strategic mandates as agreed with Programme and Infrastructure colleagues.
- Work with Head of ITS Operations to agree a commissioning plan with commissioning bodies.
- To be the responsible owner/person for all the Service Delivery functions associated with IT operations and ensure that their delivery is on time and within budget.
- To develop and ensure delivery of a set of key objectives and KPI targets for the Service Delivery functions and provide these metrics in a real time monitoring and reporting manner for the ITS Head of Operations
- Actively manage service delivery of third party suppliers and internal service teams to ensure efficient, effective and secure use of production services/systems
- Support the Head of Operations in developing and implementing an effective & robust performance monitoring system on matters relating to the ITS strategies, objectives, and targets
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.