BAND 8A Power BI Data Analyst - HSCNI (Power BI, Sharepoint and MS Excel)
VANRATH are recruiting a BAND 8A Data Analyst for a large Health Service organisation, this role will run initially for 6 months (with a likely extension). Reporting into the Head of Service, this is a full time post 37.5 hours per week. It is going to require someone with demonstrable experience in Power BI skills who can teach and mentor people on how to use it, developing dashboards and introduce BI and best practises and another key part is to increase the skill levels within the organisation on PowerBI. The data resides in Excel and SharePoint so experience of these tools is essential.
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Set up and maintain automated data processes
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer's business
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations provide sector and competitor bench marking
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree/HND in ICT or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience in an IT environment OR 5 years relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Ability to gain user requirements and suggest solutions at a level of detail that the recipient can understand. This ranges from an individual level to giving presentations to large groups of multidisciplinary stakeholders where intricate and/or technical information has to be explained to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to produce and review complex technical documentation e.g. system specifications, technical reports, data flow diagrams, new business models.
- Ability to source, define and manage requirements e.g. engagement with users and stakeholders to gather business requirements and determine prioritisation
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner;
- Definition of test conditions and analysis and reporting of test activities and results
- Identification of opportunities to optimise services and processes
BAND 8A (HSCNI pay scale), plus holiday pay and pension.
A bit about me:
I have been recruiting in the Belfast market for the past 3 years, helping Public Sector, HSCNI and NFP organisations hire Programme Managers, Project Managers, Change Managers, Business and PMO Analysts. Prior to, I worked for a London based Recruitment Consultancy for circa 5 years.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible organisations and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
'My experience with Vanrath was positive, professional and engaging from start to final signature for a Project Manager role in Belfast. Ross Stevenson was friendly, open, and honest, making the process to return to work as a contractor completely painless. The zoom interviews with him and the client were probably the best I have had. Would recommend Vanrath to anyone looking for work.'
'Ross from Vanrath contacted me about a local role which fitted my unique skills, experience and needs. From that point to contact acceptance Ross was simply excellent. He gave me regular updates and negotiated my desired terms and conditions successfully with the client. I found Ross to be personable, understanding of my capabilities & needs and totally professional. Ross's knowledge of the market sector in which I am involved in is very impressive. I would highly recommend both Ross and Vanrath.'
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Contract Data Analyst roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…