Band 7 Project Manager (Building & Engineering)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Band 7 Project Manager (Building & Engineering) for 12 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site but may be required to work in their other sites as well.
- Support the co-ordination of all activities relating to capital infrastructure projects, with a strong focus on healthcare building and healthcare building services engineering
- Contributes to the production of business cases in line with the Capital Investment Manual and HM Treasury guidance in accordance with the needs and requirements.
- Co-ordinate the business case process from development of strategic outline case through to business case approval;
- Liaise with DHSSPS, Commissioner and Health Estates colleagues in relation to the development of business cases;
- Work with service managers and key service staff in the development of business cases to support the modernisation of service delivery.
- Assists with the management of all relevant activities and tasks to ensure timely achievement of the agreed project implementation plan.
- Provides key input and direction into the completion of service models of care, analysis of activity projections, development of operational policies and consequent support to the management of change process, preparation of exemplar designs, ensuring the successful delivery of the project within the preferred procurement model.
- Supports the Senior Project Manager in the establishment and management of project structures to support capital developments.
An MSc in a relevant engineering or building discipline
Be registered as a Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a corporate or full member of one of the following recognised engineering institutes:
- Institute of Healthcare, Engineering and Estates Management (IHEEM)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Chartered Institution of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- A Degree in a relevant engineering or building discipline plus 3 years relevant experience in a senior Estates Management role (at EO Band 6 or equivalent).
5 years management experience in the last 7 years working in a healthcare building and engineering environment e.g. Estates or infrastructure capital project delivery. (Management experience must include management of services and/or staff).
- Within the last 3 years have delivered improvements in relation to the performance of a complex Estate
- Within the last 3 years have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
- Within the last 3 years successfully demonstrate a high level of people management, leadership and organisational skills.
- Experience of estates management and budgetary control in a major complex organisation.
- A proven track record of having delivered challenging work programmes for a minimum of 2 years, meeting a range of targets and making significant
- Have experience managing people, and are able to demonstrate evidence of successfully leading change for a minimum of 2 years.
- Have worked with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders for a minimum of 2 years, to achieve successful outcomes.
- Have excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Evidence of post qualification training and development in areas relevant to the position.
- A full current driving licence with access to a car on appointment
This is a BAND 7 role, £41,659 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…