Band 7 Accountant (North Down)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a well-respected public sector client, based in Newtownards. This role would be ideal for a Qualified Chartered Accountant who is immediately available and looking for a new challenge in a large public sector body. Previous experience within the Health sector would be advantageous for this role as would staff management.
Duties are as follows:
- Statutory accounts
- Oversee control accounts
- Managing a medium sized team of qualified and part-qualified accountants
- Managing the fixed asset register
- Liaising with key stakeholders across the business
- Ad hoc reporting/financials as required
* a full job specification will be provided to suitably experienced candidates
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (minimum of 2 years PQE)
- Excellent IT/systems skills
- Exposure to budgets, financial reporting and staff management
- Reduced notice period or immediate availability to commence assignment
c. £40,000 (pro rata).
For further information on this role, or to discuss any other senior interim accountancy opportunities, please apply via the link below.