Finance Officer (Band 6)
VANRATH are delighted to be exclusively recruiting for a large public sector body in Belfast City Centre, who are currently recruiting for a Finance Officer for a minimum period of 9 months with a view to being extended further. This role is due to commence immediately and would be an ideal move for an Part Qualified Accountant who is keen to move into the Public Sector/already has public sector experience.
- Programme budget management, monitoring, control and reporting including variance reporting
- Supporting Programme and Project managers in ensuring that Programme and project budgets are managed effectively.
- Effectively managing Programme Resource (staffing)Forecasts and Resourcing Plans and costs
- Creating and maintaining programme and project reports, and preparing Budget reports for Programme and Project Board.
- Managing Programme and Programme Requisitions, Payments Invoice matching with Goods Received (GRN) and sign-off process.
- Effective records management and document control for reporting and Audit purposes.
The ideal Person:
- Have worked in a programme, project role with experience of complex Budget management, monitoring, control and reporting, (ideally within a public sector setting).
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities and budget and financial report development capabilities and experience (ideally within a public sector setting).
- Knowledge of financial management procedures (ideally within a public sector setting).
- Knowledge of Prince 2 project management methodology (desirable but not essential)
- Ideally have worked with an enterprise project management reporting solution (desirable but not essential)
Band 6 Salary
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.