BAND 6 Estates Surveyor
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Estates Surveyor for 12 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Lisburn site but will be required to work in their Greater Belfast site as well.
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day strategic and operational estate management and valuation work of the Trust Estate Building Portfolio (including concessions) in accordance with the strategies, and plans approved by the Trust, including the following:
- Assist the Senior Estates Surveyor (SES) with all staffing and budgetary matters for the estate management and valuation section within the Property & Estates Service. Monitor and assist with the section's budgets.
- Ensure that all lease and licence matters are allocated to a team member or specialist external consultant surveyor and actioned together with negotiations of new leases, lease renewals, licences, rent reviews and agreements in order to maximise income streams to the Trust.
- Assist with a wide range of estates management activities including valuations, dilapidations, repairs, licences, easements, wayleaves, change of use, assignments and sub- lettings to maintain and enhance the value and use of the Trust's property portfolio.
- Assist with the management of office and staff accommodation requests and liaising with external agencies including Directorate of Legal Services, Land and Property Services and Rates collection agency.
- Provide PFI advice and management including engagement with contractors, tenants and all relevant parties.
- Ensure the Trust has policies and procedures in place to deal with all tenant/concessionaire/lessee requests for new agreements/leases/licenses/ wayleaves, rent reviews, permits, changes in terms, renewals and variations or surrenders of any arrangements, agreements, licenses, leases or concessions affecting the Trust's General assets.
A relevant degree in Estate Management / Real Estate subject PLUS 3 years' experience working:
- With local government, health or other bodies.
- With extensive specialist knowledge and experience of estates-management activities including rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Extensive highly specialist knowledge of new commercial leases, lease exits, dilapidations and business tenancy.
- Evidence of working towards Chartership with the RICS.
- With a broad range of professional experience in areas such as the disposal and acquisition of land and buildings and practical experience of land law and landlord tenant law, including a thorough understanding of covenants, obligations, rights and restrictions.
- In dealing with dilapidation's.
- Of being able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
Hold the undernoted qualifications (or an acceptable equivalent or higher qualification approved by the Department of Health and Social Services):
MSc in Estate Management Real Estate or RICS Chartered status PLUS 3 years' experience working:
- At providing property advice in a complex organisation such as local government, and other bodies.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements, RCIS Codes of practice, particularly Measuring practice, Commercial Lease Code and Service Charge Code and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and codes of practice as well as financial regulations, contract administration, local government or similar organisation procedures / processes.
- Hold a current full driving licence
This is a BAND 6 role, £31,365 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more… _