Band 6 Estates Operations Officer (Electrical)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Band 6 Estates Operations Officer (Electrical) for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension.
The post holder is responsible for the management of specific elements of estates operations relating to the development and maintenance of the built environment, engineering services and physical assets.
- Allocate work to and supervise staff within designated areas, ensuring efficient management of workload
- Use the building management system to provide effective energy control/monitoring of the estate.
- Undertake as may be required any other duties, which are necessary to support the efficient operation of the estate management function.
- Provide professional advice to technical and non-technical staff in relation to operational maintenance projects.
- The forward planning, development, implementation and review of maintenance policies and schedules to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all plant and equipment.
- Implementation and efficient management of the engineering/building plant/systems asset register. This includes plant surveys, audits, condition reports, long and short team plant and maintenance replacement programmes.
- Be prepared for interruptions to daily duties to provide emergency response to lift-critical services where patient and staff safety are at risk.
- Initial management of complaints from service users and resolution of direct employed labour issues were the post holder has specialist knowledge/experience.
- Managing engineering systems and up-to-date methods of maintenance planning
- The control and development of maintenance and operational staff
- Preparing maintenance estimates and engineering reports
- Carrying out directly or by contract repair, replacement and renewal of engineering plant and equipment and service
A degree in a relevant Engineering related subject plus 2 years' relevant experience
A HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering related subject together plus 4 years' relevant experience
Be due to complete year 2 of the HSC Estates Graduate Training Scheme
This is a BAND 6 role, £33,706 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…