VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Business Analyst for a large Public Sector EU Funding focused organisation. This assignments key duties participating in development and delivery of implementation of standard processes, assist in monitoring the effectiveness and compliance of the processes via dashboards, KPIs, surveys and audit reports, deliver continuous improvement of the culture and processes and assist in change impact analysis.
Reporting into the Director of Corporate Services, this is a full time post 37 hours per week, this role will be suited to an aspiring Business Analyst looking for an ideal opportunity to enter Northern Ireland's Public Sector.
- Analyse, cleanse and visualise data to identify trends and make decisions considering business requirements against the current processes and assisting in the development and / or implementation of requirements utilising analysis techniques
- Facilitating workshops to achieve focused outcomes and joint understanding of user needs
- Formally documenting functions and processes using Microsoft Office tools (including Visio) and/or Google suite
- Supporting the production of Management Information and presenting this back
- Support user acceptance testing (UAT) by creating test cases and acceptance criteria, and supporting issue management
- Working on multiple small projects and/or leading on a workstream of a complex project, applying standards, methodologies and tools and analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand business challenges and articulate in a way that is easily consumable by stakeholders at all levels
- Create and maintain documentation, as well as support controls and quality assurance for key stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience in drafting processes and procedures in line with regulatory or legislative requirements;
- Experience in drafting and monitoring financial and non-financial reports, and follow-up action as required.
- Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting data.
- Good technical skills with previous experience in IT financial systems such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in process improvements and project delivery, formal qualification is an advantage (PMP, Prince 2 etc.)
- A working knowledge and practical experience with process improvement methodology, formal qualification is preferable e.g., Six Sigma, Lean digital.
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst within complex project environments
- Good technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio and/ or Google suite
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and ability to integrate well into a team and build effective relationships
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances, and recommend proposals to clients
- Proven analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
£17.39ph (plus holiday pay and pension from day one)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract Business Analyst job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.