VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for an experience Azure SQL DBA to join one of Northern Irelands leading Cyber Security organisations. This will be an initial 6 month contract, Inside IR35, and have the opportunity to work alongside an award winning team.
Up to £400pd (INSIDE IR35)
Remote (very occasional requirement to visit office)
The Ideal Person
The DBA will constantly monitor the database for bottlenecks and slow performance and assist other developers in fixing database issues. They will review code to ensure the quality of the data design by avoiding complexity, advocating clarity and to do this with the team. This is a hands-on role in terms of day-to-day management and maintenance of the databases, and also requires forward planning and design of new elements in the data tier. As such you should have;
- Expert prior knowledge of Azure SQL & MS SQL Server.
- Excellent working knowledge of database technologies, focusing on the Microsoft technology stack, from RDBMS to NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience of data warehousing, ETL technologies and data storage a major plus.
- Assisting the CTO and Engineering Management to deliver the best data tier for customers.
- Creating high-level specifications, architecture, and design documents with the ability to write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation.
- Ensure there is consistent use of shared data components and technologies.
- Resolve database integrity, performance, blocking, connectivity, and replication issues.
- Detect and resolve database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other contention issues.
- Perform and manage Database backup/recovery/restore and capacity monitoring
- Identify and setup alerts and logging in Azure
- Maintain databases - Statistics, Indexes, fragmentation and conduct performance tuning and optimization (Stored procedures, Views, Functions, Queries, database)
- Coordinate removal and/or archiving of data that is no longer required to be available in the production databases.
- Design and create databases to support development initiatives
- Support release/code deployment activities
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Contract in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.