- AWS Solution Architect (Dublin)
- Salary up to 140k Euros
If you are a AWs Solution Architect who enjoys new problems, has an understanding of the DevOps side of things and really enjoys a challenge then this could be for you.
The company offers a great remuneration package which includes
- Hybrid working)
- Salary up to 140k Euros
We are working with a global company that is looking for an AWS Senior Platform & Solutions Architect to work with our Business Partners to design and build commercial solutions for our clients. You will be working with a truly global team of software, data & AI, analytics and digital solution partners, across a broad set of technologies, to deliver prescriptive solutions that customers can adopt.
As the right candidate, you are comfortable working with our business partners to create robust hosting environments for both existing application migrations and new solutions for external clients. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide array of industries such as Healthcare, Insurance, Analytics, Banking and several others to help create industry leading managed service offerings.
You should be a technical expert, with experience in solution design as well as having deep knowledge of building scalable, highly available and efficient infrastructure deployments. Experience working with business application teams and executive leadership is a must, as this will be a highly visible role representing the Global Technology team. Strong collaboration, communication and partnership skills are a must.
As part of your duties, you will be responsible for:
- Serve as Principal Architect for AWS commercial cloud platform, a multi-tenant, hub-spoke managed environment for hosting business solutions
- In partnership with other leaders at the company, focus on developing and delivering leading-edge cloud solutions, ensuring success through the delivery of platform and infrastructure services
- Help develop and enhance our Infrastructure as Code practice using tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Github, etc. as well as guide DevOps & agile best practices
- Leading by example, you will manage complex engagements and support others at the same time
- Act as a cloud subject matter expert in the organization, driving standards, security best practices and adoption across the enterprise
- Define enterprise standards and design patterns to enable re-use and quick deployment of highly secure and scalable systems
Qualifications and experience we consider to be essential for the role:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- AWS Cloud Architecture, Engineering and/or Security certifications
- Direct experience migrating, refactoring and re-engineering complex enterprise applications from legacy platforms to public cloud
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on solution architecture and design experience
- Expert experience in cloud and security architecture, principles, interfaces and protocols
- Experience in developing non-functional requirements and designing infrastructure for highly available, scalable and secure systems
- Strong understanding and experience in DevOps practices, tools and processes; e.g. Github, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience creating diagrams, roadmaps and written summaries to "translate" complex designs to business, technology and executive stakeholders
Skills and Personal attributes we would like to have:
- A leader with a demonstrated capacity to create and carry out plans to assemble, inspire, and involve teams
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage complex projects and relationships
- Collaboration and Communication: Skilled in working with and communicating to both technical and non-technical teams
- Technical Expertise: Expert knowledge of cloud technologies at an enterprise level and the ability to provide technical advice and guidance to teams
- Adaptability to changing environments and circumstances
- Problem-solving: Ability to quickly identify and diagnose issues, and recommend solutions
- Committed to personal and professional development
For further information on this vacancy, or any other DevOps Engineer jobs in Northern Ireland or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Matthew Evers in the strictest confidence. Feel free to connect and reach out to me directly on LinkedIn.