- Job Reference: JSAE310124
- Job Title: Automation Engineer
- Pay Rate: £40,000 to £50,000 plus package
- Vacancies: 2
- Term: Permanent
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you an experienced Automation Engineer with a background in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering? Interested in a new challenge within an expanding M&E specialist?
VANRATH are recruiting an Automation Engineer to provide technical support to our client's operations and maintenance teams.
£40,000 to £50,000 DOE
Private Medical and Healthcare insurance
7% ER Pension Contributions
31 days Annual Leave
Our client are a multidivisional, multifaceted M&E specialist operating in the industrial and commercial sectors across the UK and Ireland.
With teams providing the very best service in areas such as Electrical Engineering, Automation, Switchgear & Control, Environmental plus more, they have experienced consistent growth over the past few years- doubling annual turnover and increasing their headcount from 60+ to 100+ in that time.
- Provide technical support for operations and maintenance teams, assisting in diagnosing and resolving control-related issues.
- Design, develop, and implement Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) control systems for industrial processes and complete to approved Functional Design Specification, inputting as necessary.
- Develop intuitive and user-friendly Human-Machine Interface (HMI) applications to provide operators with real-time process information and control capabilities.
- Design and configure Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems to monitor, control, and visualize complex industrial processes.
- Programming and Fault Finding: Write, test, and debug programs to ensure accurate and reliable operation of control systems.
- Collaborate with Electrical Engineers and Technicians to design and optimize electrical control panels. Participate in the design, assembly, wiring, and installation of control panels, to include onsite control panel modifications and potential fault diagnosis as required.
- Interpret electrical drawings and schematics to understand and troubleshoot control panel layouts and connections.
- Configuration & testing of control panels prior to Factory Acceptance Testing, inputting as required.
- Configure and troubleshoot industrial communication protocols such as implementing protocols to facilitate communication between PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, and other automation components.
- Installation and configuration of all onsite Instrumentation and Calibration requirements.
- Third level qualification in Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering
- Previous experience configuring PLCs
- Proficient with SCADA systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250